If you’re working in healthcare, you’re on a busy schedule – it’s a given.
With so much on you’ve probably overlooked the importance of content and the role it plays in educating patients and helping to improve patient outcomes.
Great content means more patients, better reputation and improved engagement with local and international communities.
Content for healthcare is starting to take on a life of its own – the type of exciting, innovative content that drives engagement with potential patients can make the difference between success and falling short.
It’s not only about marketing yourself and helping balance the books, but about improving the wellbeing and lives of the people you reach! It’s about putting the right information in the hands of patients to better empower them and let them know what you’re about as a practitioner.
Healthcare content is a conversation, a relationship. Ignore all that misinformation on the Internet; you’re able to make a real difference by providing clear, evidence-based content for those who are searching for the content you’re providing.
How do you do it right? There are a few simple steps:
- Know yourself, your practice, and what services you pride yourself on providing
- Know your audience, their needs, and what they look to you for as a healthcare professional
- Figure out what sets you apart and keep it in mind when producing content
- Always add value – you’re here to give to an audience, not just sell to potential clients
- Set yourself some metrics and KPIs when writing content to see what works
- Always be compliant with healthcare advertising regulations and provide clinical research where appropriate
- Ensure you have a content strategy to follow.
Distribution of high-quality content is important across all social media channels as well as blogs and interactions with influencers – it all depends on your patients’ needs.
The best way to add value and ensure you’re hitting all these points is to work with a strong writing and editorial staff. Here at Splice we offer a full-service approach to marketing for healthcare, including excellent research, writing and editorial services to create content that influences your chosen audience.